Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 104

Thread: Miami-Florida game thread

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Well I do think it was a catch and so did the officials and thats really the only opinion that matters, all of us have our own opinions and you know what they say "opinions are like [censored], everybody has one". haha dont wanna face Miami in 2013, boy aren't you looking far ahead already. How can you say Florida dont wanna face Miami in 5 years? Its hard telling what either team will have come then, will be completely different. Why cant you just accept that Florida is the powerhouse out of the Florida teams now and that they lead the big 3 in recruiting? I dont wanna bash Miami too much bc I dont hate the Canes, if I HAD to pick a 2nd favorite team it would be the Canes. But Im a Gator all the way thru and thru. I do root for the Canes tho, every game except when they play my Gators. I think Marve looked pretty good at times, hes going to be a stud at the U. But back to what sup-rbeast said, I dont think that call decided the outcome of the game, Florida was ahead when it happened and would have won the game either way, Miami's D looked really good at times, but they 0 wasnt nothing to brag about(keep in mind tho that I didnt get to watch the whole game, so Im only commenting on what I got to see). I think Meyer is a damn good coach and a helluva guy at that. Nobody likes it when another team trys to run the score up on their team, but Im sure you wouldnt have a problem with Miami doing the same to someone else and Im sure you didnt have a problem with it all those times they did. Miami is on the rise tho, they had a couple down years just like every team does but they will be back and I hope they do, its just not the same without Miami at the tops of the NCAA. I don't care what anybody says, Meyer trying to run the score up "might" have made a bad impression on a few kids, might make a few kids say hey "we can get Miami back in the right direction and come back down here and lay it to Florida" but I would think most of the kids thought it was great and made them say "hey I wanna go to Florida, I wanna play at the SWAMP, I wanna take it to the Canes like they did, by god I wanna be a CHAMPION"
    "Why so serious?"

  2. #42
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    as for that play........there was nothing on replay to show if he did or did not have possession when his elbow came down

    his arm clearly came down in bounds

    but the problem i had is that when ruled incomplete on the field with what was able to be seen on that replay it wasnt conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field

    in the end it didnt matter anyway but im curious as to how they overturned that considering there was no shot from the sidelines that would have clearly showed if he had the ball or not
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    If Miami had generated more than 150 yards of total offense, I'd say it would have mattered...but they weren't going to move the ball and everyone knew it. That call just plainly didn't make a difference. It was the wrong call, but the U wasn't gonna win that game regardless. But, I do think a receiver should have to be inbounds and hold on to the ball after contact with the ground to be awarded a catch.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #44
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    You could see the ball come out right after his elbow hit.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #45
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could see the ball come out right after his elbow hit. </div></div>
    the question is did he actually have possession before it hit or not?

    replay didnt show that

    im thinking if he did have possession the ball wouldnt have come out when his elbow came down which is why im still puzzled as to how they overturned the call on the field with nothing conclusive
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Think what you will man--you didn't watch the whole game, I and several others I've talked to did (most of them live and in person). That play alone changed the whole tenor of the game. It took Florida from desperately trying to hold us off to relaxed to go up by 2 scores, and it took us from playing step-for-step in a heated away environment to in the crosshairs with every disadvantage and all the pressure in one fell swoop. People who are both Canes & Gators fans that were there I've talked to since, and that play was the one everyone was talking about.

    You're the first Gator I've talked to by the way to say that Moore caught that football. Some I've talked to admitted that the way the stadium roared you would have thought each one of them would have won the Florida Lottery when that call was overturned...they knew they got a gift from the SEC officials.

    I just don't see how anyone can't understand that a 9-3 game with the losing team getting the football off of a close play on the road w/momentum in their favor versus not getting the ball off of a close play and going down 16-3 as a result isn't a major shift in a ballgame. That's simply asinine.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Miami had generated more than 150 yards of total offense, I'd say it would have mattered...but they weren't going to move the ball and everyone knew it. That call just plainly didn't make a difference. It was the wrong call, but the U wasn't gonna win that game regardless. But, I do think a receiver should have to be inbounds and hold on to the ball after contact with the ground to be awarded a catch.</div></div>

    Everyone may have thought that, but it wasn't a "known"...which is what's great about football. The worst part that chaps my arse is that they didn't even get the fair shot they should have due to that call.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Well its like this, Im gonna say I think he caught it whether he did or didnt and thats just me, the way I am. But like I said, it dont matter what ANYBODY thinks it was called a catch. I do understand what you are trying to say, a 9-3 game and Miami getting the ball back sounds a whole lot better than 16-3. But the thing is, its not like Miami was gonna go down and score anyways, you and I both know that wasn't going to happen. I just dont see where you think that play would have given Miami soo much momentum, its not like it was a big fumble or INT that gave Miami the ball back and would have had the team all pumped up. If it would have been called an incomplete pass and Miami got the ball back, then thats it, just plain and simple incomplete its not like the defense made a spectacular play.
    "Why so serious?"

  9. #49
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Still yet, Florida beat them fairly easy. Its not like it was a 1 or 3 point game and that play made all the difference in the world. Why oh Why can't Miami fans just accept defeat?? We still hear bitching and complaining about the pass interference call against Ohio State, please dont tell me we're gonna have to hear about this call for another 5 years.
    "Why so serious?"

  10. #50
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still yet, Florida beat them fairly easy. Its not like it was a 1 or 3 point game and that play made all the difference in the world. Why oh Why can't Miami fans just accept defeat?? We still hear bitching and complaining about the pass interference call against Ohio State, please dont tell me we're gonna have to hear about this call for another 5 years.</div></div>

    No, no...I plan to have a national title to talk about within about 2-3 years. The only time you'll hear about this 26-3 loss @UF is in the same breath as when you hear the 28-3 loss @UF back in 1983--that was the last time Miami had 2 freshmen in the 2-deep at QB, and they didn't lose another game that year after losing to UF, and 4 national titles in the next 10 years followed.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •